Spice up dinner tonight with a hearty salad that's got something in it for everyone! I made this cobb salad recipe for a party, and it was a huge hit. Hot sauce gives it a little kick, while cilantro and avocado cool things off. —Mary Meek, Toledo, Ohio
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, undrained
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (10 ounces) hearts of romaine salad mix
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 package (7-1/2 ounces) frozen diced cooked chicken breast, thawed
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup real bacon bits
- Place the first seven ingredients in a food processor; cover and process until blended. Chill until serving.
- In a large bowl, layer the salad mix, beans, cheese, tomatoes, chicken, avocado, onion and bacon bits. Drizzle with dressing. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Cobb Salad with Chili-Lime Dressing in Simple & Delicious May/June 2009, p25
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Cobb Salad with Chili-Lime Dressing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review