- 1 loaf (1 pound) unsliced Italian bread
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinaigrette or dressing of your choice
- 5 ounces fresh baby spinach (about 6 cups)
- 1-1/2 pounds sliced deli ham
- 4 hard-cooked large eggs, finely chopped
- 8 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, chopped
- Cut loaf of bread in half; hollow out top and bottom, leaving a 3/4-in. shell (discard removed bread or save for another use). Brush vinaigrette over bread halves. Layer spinach, ham, eggs, bacon, cheese and tomatoes on bread bottom. Replace top. Cut in half lengthwise; cut crosswise five times to make 12 total pieces. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Cobb Salad Sub
"This was just okay for me-I guess I am not a Cobb salad fan because I didn't like the flavor combination at all."
"We gobbled it down, too! My husband even went into the fridge to sneak the leftovers after I went to bed! I added a few things like avocado, and red onion. That's the beauty of this sandwich. You can really add any topping you would see in a Cobb salad! I also had blue cheese on hand, so I used that as the cheese. I used a simple homemade balsamic vinaigrette - 1:3 balsamic to olive oil and about 1 tsp. of sugar. Thank you for this delicious sandwich recipe. I'll be making it for company for years to come!"
"My husband and son gobbled this down! We used ranch because I didn't have balsamic vinaigrette on hand. Great for a crowd."