Coated Cookie Drops Recipe
"It's a good thing these no-bake drops are simple, because I like to serve them throughout the year," writes Amanda Reid of Oakville, Iowa. "Their moist, cake-like center and sweet coating satisfy the chocolate lover in everyone. I'm asked for the recipe time and time again."
- 1 package (15-1/2 ounces) Oreo cookies
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 15 ounces white candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 12 ounces milk chocolate candy coating, coarsely chopped
- Red and/or green candy coating disks, optional
- 1. Place the cookies in a food processor; cover and process until finely crushed. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and crushed cookies until blended. Roll into 3/4-in. balls. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- 2. In a small saucepan over low heat, melt white candy coating, stirring until smooth; dip half of the balls to completely coat. Melt chocolate candy coating and dip remaining balls. Place on waxed paper until hardened.
- 3. Drizzle white candies with remaining chocolate coating and chocolate candies with remaining white coating. Or melt red or green coating and drizzle over balls. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: about 7-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 84 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 49 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC