- 1 package (15-1/2 ounces) Oreo cookies
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 15 ounces white candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 12 ounces milk chocolate candy coating, coarsely chopped
- Red and/or green candy coating disks, optional
- Place the cookies in a food processor; cover and process until finely crushed. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and crushed cookies until blended. Roll into 3/4-in. balls. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt white candy coating, stirring until smooth; dip half of the balls to completely coat. Melt chocolate candy coating and dip remaining balls. Place on waxed paper until hardened.
- Drizzle white candies with remaining chocolate coating and chocolate candies with remaining white coating. Or melt red or green coating and drizzle over balls. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: about 7-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Coated Cookie Drops
"These are a cookie exchange staple at my house, people request them every year. We also call them "oreo balls". Although I make many Xmas candies these are definitely the easiest ones by far! Try them, you won't be disapointed."
"I normally shy away from recipes that use prepared ingredients, but these could accompany me to the fabled 'desert island'!"
"I made these for our son's wedding reception this year. I added green food color to half the white coating and red food color to the other half white coating before I dipped the the balls. Green & pink polka dots were the print of the flower girl dresses!!! The 'oreo balls'(as we call them) were a BIG hit."
"A lady made these for the cookie exchange last year. They were this hit of the party!"