Coated Cookie Drops Recipe
- 1 package (15-1/2 ounces) Oreo cookies
- 1 package (8 ounces) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, softened
- 15 ounces white candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 12 ounces milk chocolate candy coating, coarsely chopped
- Red and/or green candy coating disks, optional
- Place the cookies in a food processor; cover and process until finely crushed. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and crushed cookies until blended. Roll into 3/4-in. balls. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt white candy coating, stirring until smooth; dip half of the balls to completely coat. Melt chocolate candy coating and dip remaining balls. Place on waxed paper until hardened.
- Drizzle white candies with remaining chocolate coating and chocolate candies with remaining white coating. Or melt red or green coating and drizzle over balls. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: about 7-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Coated Cookie Drops(5)
Sort By :
I made this for the chocolate lovers (myself included) for Christmas and none of us liked them so this recipe is not a keeper!
These are a cookie exchange staple at my house, people request them every year. We also call them "oreo balls". Although I make many Xmas candies these are definitely the easiest ones by far! Try them, you won't be disapointed.
I normally shy away from recipes that use prepared ingredients, but these could accompany me to the fabled 'desert island'!
I made these for our son's wedding reception this year. I added green food color to half the white coating and red food color to the other half white coating before I dipped the the balls. Green & pink polka dots were the print of the flower girl dresses!!! The 'oreo balls'(as we call them) were a BIG hit.
A lady made these for the cookie exchange last year. They were this hit of the party!