Clue Night Reuben Loaf
My family loves Reubens but making so many sandwiches at once became daunting. So I came up with this recipe that serves several people.
8-10 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen pizza dough, thawed
- 3/4 pound thinly sliced deli pastrami
- 1/2 cup Thousand Island salad dressing
- 1/2 pound sliced Swiss cheese
- 1-1/2 cups sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- On a greased baking sheet, roll pizza dough into a 15-in. x 12-in.
- rectangle. Arrange pastrami down the center third of rectangle;
- spread with dressing. Top with cheese and sauerkraut.
- On each long side, cut 1-in.-wide strips about 1/2 in. into center.
- Starting at one end, fold alternating strips at an angle across
- filling. Pinch ends to seal. Beat egg yolk and water; brush over
- Bake at 350° for 35-38 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand
- for 5 minutes before slicing. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 310 calories, 15 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 72 mg cholesterol, 967 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 17 g protein.