My family loves Reubens but making so many sandwiches at once became daunting. So I came up with this recipe that serves several people. —Laura M. Hagadorn, North Creek, New York
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen pizza dough, thawed
- 3/4 pound thinly sliced deli pastrami
- 1/2 cup Thousand Island salad dressing
- 1/2 pound sliced Swiss cheese
- 1-1/2 cups sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- On a greased baking sheet, roll pizza dough into a 15-in. x 12-in. rectangle. Arrange pastrami down the center third of rectangle; spread with dressing. Top with cheese and sauerkraut.
- On each long side, cut 1-in.-wide strips about 1/2 in. into center. Starting at one end, fold alternating strips at an angle across filling. Pinch ends to seal. Beat egg yolk and water; brush over braid.
- Bake at 350° for 35-38 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Clue Night Reuben Loaf in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2007, p183
Reviews for Clue Night Reuben Loaf
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 8, 2011
"I made this Reuben for a Super Bowl party and it was Awesome. It was easy to assemble and it fed a lot of people."