- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen pizza dough, thawed
- 3/4 pound thinly sliced deli pastrami
- 1/2 cup Thousand Island salad dressing
- 1/2 pound sliced Swiss cheese
- 1-1/2 cups sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- On a greased baking sheet, roll pizza dough into a 15-in. x 12-in. rectangle. Arrange pastrami down the center third of rectangle; spread with dressing. Top with cheese and sauerkraut.
- On each long side, cut 1-in.-wide strips about 1/2 in. into center. Starting at one end, fold alternating strips at an angle across filling. Pinch ends to seal. Beat egg yolk and water; brush over braid.
- Bake at 350° for 35-38 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Clue Night Reuben Loaf in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2007, p183
Reviews for Clue Night Reuben Loaf(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 8, 2011
I made this Reuben for a Super Bowl party and it was Awesome. It was easy to assemble and it fed a lot of people.