Clubhouse Chicken Recipe
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (28 ounces) stewed tomatoes, cut up
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 large green pepper, julienned
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. In a large skillet, brown chicken on both sides in oil. Stir in the tomatoes, mushrooms, green pepper, onion, water, Italian seasoning and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.
- 2. Remove chicken and keep warm. Combine the flour and cold water until smooth; stir into tomato mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve chicken and sauce over rice. Yield: 8 servings.
One chicken breast with 1/2 cup sauce (calculated without rice) equals 210 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 254 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 28 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch.