Club Sandwiches Recipe
Janet Miller of Midland, Texas is a busy wife, mother, grandmother and great-grandmother, who loves to cook and sew. “One of our favorite sandwiches is what we call ‘hunka munka’…and it’s a complete meal,” she writes of the satisfying layered sandwich.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 4 French rolls, split
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 8 slices tomato
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup prepared Italian salad dressing
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 12 cooked bacon strips
- 1/2 pound sliced deli turkey
- 1/2 pound sliced deli ham
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 1. Spread mayonnaise over cut sides of rolls. On roll bottoms, layer the lettuce, tomato and avocado. Drizzle with dressing; sprinkle with pepper. Layer with bacon, turkey, ham and cheese. Replace roll tops. Yield: 4 servings.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC