Club Sandwich Salad
My mother-in-law made this salad for a shower she was hosting and shared the recipe with me. I've made it many times, and now I get asked for the recipe. Cooking has always been an enjoyable part of my life. Ever since I can remember, I loved to watch or help my mother in the kitchen. These days, my 3-year-old son likes to help me. Hopefully he'll grow up to enjoy cooking as much as I do.
8-10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 large head iceberg lettuce, torn
- 2 large tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 Eggland's Best Hard-Cooked Peeled Eggs, chopped
- 10 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey or chicken
- Croutons, optional
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, ketchup, onion, salt and pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- Just before serving, toss lettuce, tomatoes, eggs, bacon and turkey
- in a large bowl. Add croutons if desired. Serve with dressing.
- Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 280 calories, 23 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 77 mg cholesterol, 332 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 12 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon