My mother-in-law made this salad for a shower she was hosting and shared the recipe with me. I've made it many times, and now I get asked for the recipe. Cooking has always been an enjoyable part of my life. Ever since I can remember, I loved to watch or help my mother in the kitchen. These days, my 3-year-old son likes to help me. Hopefully he'll grow up to enjoy cooking as much as I do.
Recommended: 21 Recipes to Make with Avocado
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 large head iceberg lettuce, torn
- 2 large tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 10 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey or chicken
- Croutons, optional
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, ketchup, onion, salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate.
- Just before serving, toss lettuce, tomatoes, eggs, bacon and turkey in a large bowl. Add croutons if desired. Serve with dressing. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Club Sandwich Salad in Country Extra July 1995, p49
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Club Sandwich Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review