Clown Cupcakes Recipe
Throwing a children's party can be a real circus if you serve the colorful clown cupcakes our Test Kitchen created. Set up a cupcake decorating table and let the kids make funny faces with their favorite candies.
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 3 cans (16 ounces each) vanilla frosting, divided
- Yellow, red and blue paste food coloring
- 24 ice cream sugar cones
- Assorted candies: M&M's miniature baking bits, red shoestring licorice and cherry sour ball candies
- Prepare and bake cake batter according to package directions for cupcakes. Cool completely on wire racks. Divide two cans of frosting among three bowls; tint with yellow, red and blue food coloring.
- For clown hats, use a serrated knife or kitchen scissors to cut 2 in. from the open end of each cone. Frost cones with tinted frosting; decorate with baking bits. Place on waxed paper for 30 minutes or until frosting is set.
- Frost cupcakes with remaining vanilla frosting. Leaving room for the hat on each cupcake, make a clown face and hair with candies. Pipe a matching ruffle on each. Carefully position a hat on each cupcake. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Clown Cupcakes in Country Woman June/July 2008, p28
Reviews for Clown Cupcakes(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Birthday Cakes >
- Birthday Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cake Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Country Woman Desserts >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Cupcake Recipes >
- Cupcake Recipes for Kids >
- Cupcakes >
- Desserts >
- Easy Dessert Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >