Cloverleaf Rolls Recipe
When I was a girl, it was a rare occasion when Mom made a gourmet meal. Most often, she relied on traditional recipes like this one. My sister and I ate more than our share of these versatile golden rolls. -Brenda DuFresne, Midland, Michigan
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) Red Star® Platinum Superior Baking Yeast™
- 1-1/4 cups warm milk (110° to 115°)
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 to 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Additional butter, melted
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm milk. Add the butter, egg, sugar, salt and 3 cups flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 3. Punch dough down and divide in half. Divide each half into 36 pieces and shape into balls. Place three balls in each greased muffin cup. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes. Brush with additional butter.
- 4. Bake at 375° for 15-18 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 110 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 127 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC