- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, shortening and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- Divide dough into thirds. Add chocolate chips to one portion, peanut butter to another and melted chocolate to the third portion. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
- Roll 1/2 teaspoonfuls of dough into balls. For each cookie, place three balls (one of each dough) with edges touching on ungreased baking sheets to form a cloverleaf.
- Place cookies 2 in. apart. Bake at 350° for 7-9 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 1 minute before removing to wire racks. Yield: 5 dozen.
Originally published as Cloverleaf Cookies in Best of Country Cookies 1999, p65
Reviews for Cloverleaf Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review