Cloverleaf Bran Rolls Recipe
- 1 cup All-Bran
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 1. In a small bowl, combine bran and boiling water; set aside. In another bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water.
- 2. In a large bowl, cream shortening, sugar and salt. Add eggs and yeast mixture; mix well. Add bran mixture and 2 cups flour; beat well. Gradually add enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- 3. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 4. Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface. Divide into six portions; divide each into 12 pieces. Shape each into a ball; place three balls in each greased muffin cup. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 5. Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 each: 225 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 111mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein
Reviews for Cloverleaf Bran Rolls
"These buns are so easy to make, my family makes them disappear very quickly. I tend to hide them in order to have some to serve with Christmas dinner."