“These tender, delicious rolls are great for a gathering,” notes Marvel Herriman of Hayesville, North Carolina. They’re especially good served warm!
- 1 cup All-Bran
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) Red Star® Platinum Superior Baking Yeast™
- 1 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- In a small bowl, combine bran and boiling water; set aside. In another bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water.
- In a large bowl, cream shortening, sugar and salt. Add eggs and yeast mixture; mix well. Add bran mixture and 2 cups flour; beat well. Gradually add enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface. Divide into six portions; divide each into 12 pieces. Shape each into a ball; place three balls in each greased muffin cup. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Cloverleaf Bran Rolls in Taste of Home October/November 2006, p6
Reviews for Cloverleaf Bran Rolls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 23, 2009
"These buns are so easy to make, my family makes them disappear very quickly. I tend to hide them in order to have some to serve with Christmas dinner."