Clover Honey Recipe
This recipe comes from my mother-in-law, Myrtress Harrington, who enjoyed the pretty golden spread over pancakes, French toast and breakfast cereal when she was a girl.—Myrtress Harrington, Steuben, Maine
- 60 fresh white clover blossoms
- 40 fresh red clover blossoms
- 3 tablespoons wild rose petals
- 5 pounds sugar
- 3 cups water
- 1. Wash clover and rose petals throughly in cool running water; drain well. Pat dry. Place in a large metal bowl; set aside.
- 2. In a large heavy saucepan, bring sugar and water to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil without stirring until a candy thermometer reads 220°; remove from the heat. Pour over clover and rose petals; let stand for 45 minutes.
- 3. Pour through a double thickness of cheesecloth; discard clover and rose petals. Pour honey into jars; store in the refrigerator. Yield: 4-1/2 pints.
1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 123 calories, trace fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.
Reviews for Clover Honey
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC