Clover Honey Recipe
- 60 fresh white clover blossoms
- 40 fresh red clover blossoms
- 3 tablespoons wild rose petals
- 5 pounds sugar
- 3 cups water
- 1. Wash clover and rose petals throughly in cool running water; drain well. Pat dry. Place in a large metal bowl; set aside.
- 2. In a large heavy saucepan, bring sugar and water to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil without stirring until a candy thermometer reads 220°; remove from the heat. Pour over clover and rose petals; let stand for 45 minutes.
- 3. Pour through a double thickness of cheesecloth; discard clover and rose petals. Pour honey into jars; store in the refrigerator. Yield: 4-1/2 pints.
2 tablespoon: 123 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Reviews for Clover Honey
"I've been making this "honey" for many years (since it first appeared in Taste of Home)! Our family has used this in place of honey for every recipe. Because it's stored in the refrigerator, it lasts a long time."