Clove Bundt Cake Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 to 3 teaspoons ground cloves
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- 1. In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs; mix well (mixture will appear curdled). Combine the flour, cinnamon, cloves, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk.
- 2. Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before inverting onto a wire rack; cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 12-14 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 348 calories, 15 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 81 mg cholesterol, 275 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Clove Bundt Cake
"Made this on a day off because I had the ingredients on hand - this is delicious and addictive!"
"1 tsp pure vanilla extract added to the ingredients brings this cake to royal perfection!"
"In the fall, this is wonderful with a dollop of whipped cream and a hot cup of tea (with milk and sugar, of course!)"