Clove Bundt Cake
This old-fashioned bundt cake is so moist, it doesn't need any frosting. But I sometimes sprinkle it with confectioners' sugar for a pretty presentation.
Mary Zawlocki, Gig Harbor, Washington
12-14 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 to 3 teaspoons ground cloves
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs; mix well (mixture will
- appear curdled). Combine the flour, cinnamon, cloves, baking soda
- and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at
- 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the
- center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before inverting onto a
- wire rack; cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar if
- desired. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 348 calories, 15 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 81 mg cholesterol, 275 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.