This old-fashioned bundt cake is so moist, it doesn't need any frosting. But I sometimes sprinkle it with confectioners' sugar for a pretty presentation. —Mary Zawlocki, Gig Harbor, Washington
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 to 3 teaspoons ground cloves
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs; mix well (mixture will appear curdled). Combine the flour, cinnamon, cloves, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before inverting onto a wire rack; cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Originally published as Clove Bundt Cake in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2002, p236
Reviews for Clove Bundt Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review