Closest to Mom's Prune Whip Recipe
For a classic dessert, I whip up this delicious recipe. It is so pretty served in parfait dishes or dessert dishes.—Marie Zillmann, Glenview, Illinois
- 14 pitted dried plums
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1. Place plums in a saucepan; cover with water. Cover and cook until tender; drain. Puree in a blender or food processor. Add sugar and vanilla; mix well. Pour into a bowl; cool.
- 2. Fold in whipped cream. Spoon into parfait glasses or dessert dishes. Chill for at least 2 hours. Yield: 3-4 servings.
1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 300 calories, 22 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 82 mg cholesterol, 24 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC