Closest to Mom's Prune Whip Recipe
- 14 pitted dried plums
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1. Place plums in a saucepan; cover with water. Cover and cook until tender; drain. Puree in a blender or food processor. Add sugar and vanilla; mix well. Pour into a bowl; cool.
- 2. Fold in whipped cream. Spoon into parfait glasses or dessert dishes. Chill for at least 2 hours. Yield: 3-4 servings.
1/2 cup: 300 calories, 22g fat (14g saturated fat), 82mg cholesterol, 24mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Closest to Mom's Prune Whip
"Some recipes are best left with mom. This... this is terrible. Perhaps if you love prunes, or yearn for the 1950s to make a comeback, this is the dish for you. If you have a contemporary pallet, though, this is a dish best avoided. Certainly, there are better uses for prunes than this, and I feel, having had the dish myself, guests will be secretly let down rather than dazzled."