Closest to Mom's Prune Whip
For a classic dessert, I whip up this delicious recipe. It is so pretty served in parfait dishes or dessert dishes.Marie Zillmann, Glenview, Illinois
3-4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling Cook: 10 min. + cooling
- 14 pitted dried plums
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Place plums in a saucepan; cover with water. Cover and cook until
- tender; drain. Puree in a blender or food processor. Add sugar and
- vanilla; mix well. Pour into a bowl; cool.
- Fold in whipped cream. Spoon into parfait glasses or dessert dishes.
- Chill for at least 2 hours. Yield: 3-4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 300 calories, 22 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 82 mg cholesterol, 24 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.