- 14 pitted dried plums
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Place plums in a saucepan; cover with water. Cover and cook until tender; drain. Puree in a blender or food processor. Add sugar and vanilla; mix well. Pour into a bowl; cool.
- Fold in whipped cream. Spoon into parfait glasses or dessert dishes. Chill for at least 2 hours. Yield: 3-4 servings.
Reviews for Closest to Mom's Prune Whip
Sort By :
"Some recipes are best left with mom. This... this is terrible. Perhaps if you love prunes, or yearn for the 1950s to make a comeback, this is the dish for you. If you have a contemporary pallet, though, this is a dish best avoided. Certainly, there are better uses for prunes than this, and I feel, having had the dish myself, guests will be secretly let down rather than dazzled."