For a classic dessert, I whip up this delicious recipe. It is so pretty served in parfait dishes or dessert dishes.—Marie Zillmann, Glenview, Illinois
- 14 pitted dried plums
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Place plums in a saucepan; cover with water. Cover and cook until tender; drain. Puree in a blender or food processor. Add sugar and vanilla; mix well. Pour into a bowl; cool.
- Fold in whipped cream. Spoon into parfait glasses or dessert dishes. Chill for at least 2 hours. Yield: 3-4 servings.
Originally published as Closest to Mom's Prune Whip in Reminisce Extra December 1997, p66
Reviews for Closest to Mom's Prune Whip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review