Made from the cassava plant, which is a staple food source in Africa, tapioca can be found in your grocery store's baking section. Because tapioca doesn't have a lot of flavor on it's own, the other tasty ingredients in this recipe really shine.
4 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking tapioca
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup clementine juice (about 5 clementines)
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat whipped topping
- 2 clementines, peeled and sectioned
- In a small saucepan, combine the milk, tapioca and sugar; let stand
- for 5 minutes. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to
- a full boil. Transfer to a small bowl; stir in vanilla and nutmeg.
- Cool for 20 minutes. Stir in clementine juice; cover and refrigerate
- until chilled.
- Fold in whipped topping. Spoon into four dessert dishes, 2/3 cup in
- each. Top with clementine segments. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 176 calories, 1 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 64 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.