Clementine Cupcakes Recipe
You can have your cupcake and eat it, too! Clementines give these cupcakes a fancy feel that is sure to please most palates.
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 3/4 cup water
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 cup clementine juice (about 5 clementines)
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon grated clementine peel
- 4 clementines, peeled, sectioned and membrane removed
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated clementine peel
- 5 to 6 teaspoons clementine juice
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 24 clementine sections with membrane (about 2-1/2 clementines)
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Fill paper-lined muffin cups half full. Place one clementine section in the center of each; gently press down into batter. Chop remaining sections; sprinkle over batter.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. For frosting, in a small bowl, beat butter until light and fluffy. Beat in the confectioners' sugar, clementine peel and enough juice to achieve spreading consistency. Frost cupcakes.
- 4. In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Dip clementine sections halfway into chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet; refrigerate until set. Place one on each cupcake. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 cupcake equals 238 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 176 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC