- 5 pounds bone-in pork loin roast
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 to 2 tablespoons Liquid Smoke, optional
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 12 hamburger buns, split
- Place roast on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour 40 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145°. Remove roast; let stand for 10 minutes.
- Using two forks, shred meat. Discard bone. In a large saucepan, combine the next 10 ingredients; cook and stir until heated through. Add pork; heat through. Serve on buns. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Classy Pork Sandwiches in Country Woman May/June 1999, p25
Reviews for Classy Pork Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review