Toasted pecans add a sweet crunch to this buttery side. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen sliced carrots
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons Diamond of California Chopped Pecans, toasted
- Place carrots and water in a large microwave-safe bowl. Cover and
- microwave on high for 5 minutes. Stir in the onions, butter,
- oregano, garlic salt and pepper. Cover and cook 2-3 minutes longer
- or until carrots are crisp-tender. Sprinkle with pecans. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 121 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 222 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 1 g protein.