- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen sliced carrots
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans, toasted
- Place carrots and water in a large microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high for 5 minutes. Stir in the onions, butter, oregano, garlic salt and pepper. Cover and cook 2-3 minutes longer or until carrots are crisp-tender. Sprinkle with pecans. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Classy Carrots in Simple & Delicious June/July 2011, p25
Reviews for Classy Carrots
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 6, 2013
"I didn't have green onions home so I just left them out. Very tasty!~ Theresa"
Reviewed Apr. 29, 2012
"quick, easy, great!"
Reviewed Jul. 12, 2011
"Delicious flavor. Nice way to dress up a vegetable, alter the flavor a bit, and make it appear as something special with so little work."