Classic Yellow Cupcakes Recipe
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar blend
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups cake flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- Fat-free whipped topping, optional
- 1 teaspoon confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar substitute until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, mixing well after each addition.
- 2. Fill paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned and a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. Top with a dollop of whipped topping if desired, then dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
1 cupcake (calculated without whipped topping) equals 171 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 54 mg cholesterol, 171 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 fat.