Classic Yellow Cupcakes Recipe
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar blend
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups cake flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- Fat-free whipped topping, optional
- 1 teaspoon confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar substitute until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, mixing well after each addition.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned and a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Top with a dollop of whipped topping if desired, then dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Classic Yellow Cupcakes
Sort By :
I was so very disappointed with this cupcake. Baking it just not my favorite type of cooking and I was excited about an "easy thing" to have to fix. Well, I didn't want an easy thing that would be boring. We didn't even eat them all. I do not want to hurt anyone's feelings here but this is a lot of ingredients to use as well as a lot of time to have the end product be what I came up with.
We're sorry there was disappointment with this recipe. It was originally published in Light & Tasty magazine (now called Healthy Cooking) for a diabetic feature. Hopefully diabetics find this to be a nice treat, but for others it shouldn't be compared to regular cupcakes with more fat and sugar.
Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Ho hum, Why is this cupcake of the week, I want to know. I did make substitutions, I split the recipe in half and used regular sugar and buttermilk instead of milk. They are not bad and the texture is ok, but this recipe is nothing special. I ratcheted them up by making a ganache frosting.
NOT Classic Yellow Cake, change the name to Poorly executed yellow cake
I would NOT make these again--EVER!! The ending product was just wrong on so many levels! . . . and yes, I used all of the ingredients listed in the recipe. No subs. UGH---such a waste of ingredients!