Sugar substitute makes these golden cupcakes a wonderfully sweet treat, whether used for dessert or as a fast snack. Light and buttery, the divine bites make a perfect contribution to a spring baby shower or a casual ending to lunch with friends. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar blend
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups cake flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- Fat-free whipped topping, optional
- 1 teaspoon confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar substitute until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, mixing well after each addition.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned and a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Top with a dollop of whipped topping if desired, then dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Classic Yellow Cupcakes in Light & Tasty April/May 2006, p33
Reviews for Classic Yellow Cupcakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review