Classic Turkey Tetrazzini Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) spaghetti
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 9 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 large sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granules
- 6 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1-1/2 cups dry bread crumbs
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, saute onions in 6 tablespoons butter until tender. Add mushrooms and red pepper; saute 4-5 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in flour and salt until blended. Gradually whisk in milk and bouillon. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in turkey and cheese; heat through. Remove from the heat.
- Drain spaghetti; add to turkey mixture and mix well. Transfer to one greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish and one greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish.
- Melt remaining butter; toss with bread crumbs. Sprinkle over casseroles. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 12 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Classic Turkey Tetrazzini(1)
Sort By :
I used most of the meat from a whole chicken, 1 can evaporated milk, 4 cups whole milk; left off bread crumbs (DH doesn't like), added two cloves of garlic, minced. This made two large foil pans; I froze one for later.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Pasta >
- Baked Turkey >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Potluck Dinner Recipes >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Spaghetti Recipes >