Classic Turkey Potpie
“People are always asking me for this recipe,” says Vanita Davis of Camden, Arkansas. “When you run out of turkey, you can substitute ham or chicken.”
3 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 cup cubed cooked turkey breast
- 2/3 cup condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- Place the vegetables in a steamer basket; place in a small saucepan
- over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 2-3
- minutes. In another small saucepan, combine the turkey, soup, broth
- and vegetables; cook until bubbly. Transfer to a 1-qt. baking dish
- coated with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine biscuit mix and milk just until blended.
- Spread over turkey mixture; drizzle with butter. Bake, uncovered, at
- 350° for 30-40 minutes or until filling is bubbly and crust is
- golden brown. Yield: 3 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/4 cups equals 268 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 54 mg cholesterol, 830 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 19 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 starch, 1/2 fat.