“People are always asking me for this recipe,” says Vanita Davis of Camden, Arkansas. “When you run out of turkey, you can substitute ham or chicken.”
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 cup cubed cooked turkey breast
- 2/3 cup condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- Place the vegetables in a steamer basket; place in a small saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 2-3 minutes. In another small saucepan, combine the turkey, soup, broth and vegetables; cook until bubbly. Transfer to a 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine biscuit mix and milk just until blended. Spread over turkey mixture; drizzle with butter. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until filling is bubbly and crust is golden brown. Yield: 3 servings.
Originally published as Turkey Potpie in Cooking for 2 Winter 2007, p9
Reviews for Classic Turkey Potpie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review