Classic Turkey Gravy Recipe
Making gravy is very simple when you have the right proportions of ingredients. This recipe tastes delicious and you will be sure to serve this at every holiday dinner. —Virginia Watson, Kirksville, Missouri
- Drippings from 1 roasted turkey
- 1 to 1-1/2 cups turkey or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- 1. Pour turkey drippings into a 2-cup measuring cup. Skim fat, reserving 2 tablespoons; set aside. Add enough broth to the drippings to measure 2 cups.
- 2. In a small saucepan, combine flour and reserved fat until smooth. Gradually stir in the drippings mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Season with salt and white pepper to taste. Yield: 2 cups.
1/4 cup equals 45 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 127 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC