- Drippings from 1 roasted turkey
- 1 to 1-1/2 cups turkey or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- Pour turkey drippings into a 2-cup measuring cup. Skim fat, reserving 2 tablespoons; set aside. Add enough broth to the drippings to measure 2 cups.
- In a small saucepan, combine flour and reserved fat until smooth. Gradually stir in the drippings mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Season with salt and white pepper to taste. Yield: 2 cups.
Reviews for Classic Turkey Gravy
Sort By :
"Second time making this yesterday; I cannot think of using any other gravy!"
"This is the ONLY way I know how to make gravy!"
"#1 secret to making lump free gravy -- add the salt to the flour. You will not have any lumps if you do this."
"Very good recipe, I go to all the time now. The additional tips and tricks on the page I found very helpful. Wish they could be added here."
"Great basic recipe...yummy...family enjoyed it."