Classic Turkey Gravy Recipe
- Drippings from 1 roasted turkey
- 1 to 1-1/2 cups turkey or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- Pour turkey drippings into a 2-cup measuring cup. Skim fat, reserving 2 tablespoons; set aside. Add enough broth to the drippings to measure 2 cups.
- In a small saucepan, combine flour and reserved fat until smooth. Gradually stir in the drippings mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Season with salt and white pepper to taste. Yield: 2 cups.
Reviews for Classic Turkey Gravy(7)
Sort By :
This is the ONLY way I know how to make gravy!
#1 secret to making lump free gravy -- add the salt to the flour. You will not have any lumps if you do this.
Very good recipe, I go to all the time now. The additional tips and tricks on the page I found very helpful. Wish they could be added here.
Great basic recipe...yummy...family enjoyed it.
Great base gravy. Came out very rich and flavorful, then again mom's turkey drippings are fantastic to begin with!