Making gravy is very simple when you have the right proportions of ingredients. This recipe tastes delicious and you will be sure to serve this at every holiday dinner. —Virginia Watson, Kirksville, Missouri
- Drippings from 1 roasted turkey
- 1 to 1-1/2 cups turkey or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- Pour turkey drippings into a 2-cup measuring cup. Skim fat, reserving 2 tablespoons; set aside. Add enough broth to the drippings to measure 2 cups.
- In a small saucepan, combine flour and reserved fat until smooth. Gradually stir in the drippings mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Season with salt and white pepper to taste. Yield: 2 cups.
Originally published as Classic Turkey Gravy in Taste of Home October/November 2009, p50
Reviews for Classic Turkey Gravy
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review