Classic Tres Leches Cake Recipe
- 4 eggs, separated
- 2/3 cup sugar, divided
- 2/3 cup cake flour
- Dash salt
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon rum extract
- 1-1/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- Sliced fresh strawberries, optional
- 1. Let eggs stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Line a 9-in. springform pan with waxed paper; grease and flour the paper. Set aside. In a large bowl, beat egg yolks for 2 minutes. Add 1/3 cup sugar; beat for 3 minutes or until mixture is thick and lemon-colored. Fold in flour, a third at a time.
- 2. In another large bowl and with clean beaters, beat egg whites and salt on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually add remaining sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating on high until stiff peaks form. Stir a third of the whites into the yolk mixture. Fold in remaining whites.
- 3. Spread batter into prepared pan. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until top springs back when lightly touched. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 4. In a small bowl, combine the cream, evaporated milk, condensed milk and extracts. Transfer cake to a serving plate. Poke holes in top of cake with a skewer. Gradually spoon milk mixture over top. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- 5. For topping, in a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Spread over cake. Garnish with strawberries if desired. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 slice: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Classic Tres Leches Cake
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.