Classic Texas Caviar Recipe
- 2 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, drained
- 1 medium green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- Tortilla chips
- In a large bowl, combine the peas, tomatoes, green pepper and onion. In a small bowl, whisk the dressing, lime juice, salt and pepper. Pour over black-eyed pea mixture and stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Stir in avocado just before serving. Serve with chips. Yield: 5 cups.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Classic Texas Caviar(2)
Sort By :
Excellent! I leave out the avocado just because I don't like avocado...otherwise this recipe is quick and easy to make and its delicious! I have served it at a couple of different gatherings and always get compliments.
Love this recipe! And everyone who tries it loves it, too. And it's pretty healthy I think. Maybe not the chips though.
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Avocado Salsa Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Black Eyed Pea Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Appetizers >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Diabetic Appetizers >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dip Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Healthy Appetizers >
- Healthy Cooking Appetizers >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Finger Foods >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Appetizers >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mexican Appetizers >
- Mexican Dip >
- Mexican Recipes >