Classic Sweet Potato Pie Recipe
- 1-2/3 cups pie crust mix
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 3 to 4 tablespoons cold water
- 3 eggs
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) sweet potatoes, drained
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1-1/2 to 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Whipped topping and additional chopped pecans, toasted, optional
- In a small bowl, combine pie crust mix and pecans. Gradually add water, tossing with a fork until dough forms a ball. Roll out to fit a 9-in. deep-dish pie plate. Transfer pastry to pie plate. Flute edges; set aside.
- In a food processor, combine the eggs, sweet potatoes, milk, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla and salt; blend until smooth. Pour into pastry.
- Bake at 425° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 30-35 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Garnish with whipped topping and toasted pecans if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Classic Sweet Potato Pie(3)
Sort By :
Could it get any better? No! The can sweet potatoes make this super easy to prepare. And your getting a veggie/dessert in one!
Delicious! I received raves for this pie, and it couldn't be easier to make.
The Recipe for this seems amazing!!! Any way I could substitute the 2 cans of Sweet Potato for 2 cans of Pumpkin?
More Recipe Collections
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pecan Recipes >
- Pie Baking >
- Pie Recipes >
- Simple Desserts >
- Simple Recipes >
- Sweet Potato Pie Recipes >
- Sweet Potato Recipes >