Classic Stuffed Peppers Recipe
- 2 medium green peppers
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup meatless spaghetti sauce, divided
- 1/4 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 pound uncooked lean ground beef
- 1. Cut tops off peppers and discard; remove seeds. In a large saucepan, cook peppers in boiling water for 5 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water.
- 2. In a bowl, combine the egg, 1/4 cup of the spaghetti sauce, rice, onion, salt, Worcestershire sauce and pepper. Crumble beef over the mixture and mix well. Stuff into peppers. Place in an ungreased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Pour the remaining sauce over peppers. Cover and bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 375 calories, 15g fat (5g saturated fat), 146mg cholesterol, 987mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 5g fiber), 30g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 4 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 0 fat.
Reviews for Classic Stuffed Peppers
"Yum! These turned out just like my mother's stuffed peppers! We'll be making these again!~ Theresa"
"I love this recipe and have made it many times, especially when I need something that makes just 2 servings. When I tell my husband we are having stuffed green peppers he always hopes it's this recipe!"
"we use this recipe often for stuffed peppers. The only change we make is that we use bottled chili sauce in place of the spaghetti sauce. Frequently we double the recipe and freeze the other two for later."