Classic Stuffed Peppers
Classic stuffed peppers are pared down for two, and the result is a savory and satisfying dish that tastes so delicious, you'll want to double the recipe and serve it to guests. Field editor Donna Brockett of Kingfisher, Oklahoma shared this recipe.
2 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 2 medium green peppers
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup meatless spaghetti sauce, divided
- 1/4 cup uncooked Minute® White Rice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 pound uncooked lean ground beef
- Cut tops off peppers and discard; remove seeds. In a large saucepan,
- cook peppers in boiling water for 5 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold
- In a bowl, combine the egg, 1/4 cup of the spaghetti sauce, rice,
- onion, salt, Worcestershire sauce and pepper. Crumble beef over the
- mixture and mix well. Stuff into peppers. Place in an ungreased
- 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Pour the remaining sauce over peppers. Cover
- and bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a meat thermometer
- reads 160°. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving equals 375 calories, 15 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 146 mg cholesterol, 987 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber,