Classic stuffed peppers are pared down for two, and the result is a savory and satisfying dish that tastes so delicious, you'll want to double the recipe and serve it to guests. Field editor Donna Brockett of Kingfisher, Oklahoma shared this recipe.
- 2 medium green peppers
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup meatless spaghetti sauce, divided
- 1/4 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 pound uncooked lean ground beef
- Cut tops off peppers and discard; remove seeds. In a large saucepan, cook peppers in boiling water for 5 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water.
- In a bowl, combine the egg, 1/4 cup of the spaghetti sauce, rice, onion, salt, Worcestershire sauce and pepper. Crumble beef over the mixture and mix well. Stuff into peppers. Place in an ungreased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Pour the remaining sauce over peppers. Cover and bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Classic Stuffed Peppers in Taste of Home August/September 2002, p11
Reviews for Classic Stuffed Peppers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review