Classic Stuffed Green Peppers Recipe
My family grows 200 acres of green peppers. We think one of the best way to enjoy this fresh vegetable is in the classic recipe.—Karnemaat Farms, Marlene Karnemaat, Fremont, Michigan
- 6 medium green peppers
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 cup cooked long grain rice
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 small tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1. Cut tops off peppers and remove seeds. In a large kettle, cook peppers in boiling water for 3 minutes. Drain and immediately place in ice water; invert onto paper towels.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the beef, rice, onion, celery, tomato, garlic, salt and pepper. Spoon into peppers. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Combine soup and basil; spoon over peppers.
- 3. Cover and bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until the beef is no longer pink. Sprinkle with cheese; bake 5 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
1 stuffed pepper equals 312 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 836 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 27 g protein.
Reviews for Classic Stuffed Green Peppers
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC