In Stafford, Texas, Joyce Fogleman requests: “Everywhere I take this dip, I’m asked for the recipe. I don’t make it at home because I’m afraid that’s all I’d eat the entire day. I’d love a downsized version I could make at home.”
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach, chopped
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2/3 cup sliced water chestnuts, chopped
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons vegetable soup mix
- 1 green onion, chopped
- Assorted crackers
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine spinach and water. Cover and microwave on high for 45-60 seconds or until wilted; drain. Cool slightly and squeeze dry.
- In a small bowl, combine the water chestnuts, sour cream, mayonnaise, soup mix, onion and spinach. Chill for at least 1 hour. Serve with crackers. Yield: 1-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Classic Spinach Dip in Cooking for 2 Fall 2006, p49
Reviews for Classic Spinach Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review