- cover and simmer 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until beans are tender.
- Meanwhile, in large skillets, cook bacon until crisp. Remove with a
- slotted spoon to paper towels. In the drippings, cook the sausage
- and ham until lightly browned. Remove and set aside.
- Add oil to drippings in skillets. Stir in flour until smooth; cook
- and stir over medium heat until reddish brown, about 12-14 minutes.
- Add the onions, celery and green peppers; cook and stir until
- tender. Stir into bean mixture.
- Add the bacon, sausage, ham, parsley, salt and pepper. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Remove bay
- leaves. Serve with rice and hot sauce if desired. Yield: 65 servings
- (about 1 cup beans and 1/3 cup rice).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1-1/3 cups) equals 373 calories, 13 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 1,035 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 18 g protein.