- Stir the stock, bay leaf, thyme, rosemary, salt and pepper into the
- Dutch oven. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30
- Meanwhile, fill a large saucepan two-thirds with water; bring to a
- boil. Score an X on the bottom of each tomato. Using a slotted
- spoon, place tomatoes in boiling water for 30-60 seconds. Remove
- tomatoes and immediately plunge into ice water. Discard peel and
- coarsely chop tomatoes.
- Drain and reserve juices from vegetable mixture. Remove vegetables
- from the pan and set aside. Return juices to Dutch oven. Bring to a
- boil; cook until thickened, about 5 minutes. Return vegetables to
- pan and stir in tomatoes. Discard bay leaf. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 193 calories, 11 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 293 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 5 g protein.