- Roll pastry scraps to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a 1-in. leaf-shaped
- cookie cutter. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 375°
- for 6-8 minutes or until edges are very lightly browned. Cool on a
- wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat the egg, egg white, sugars, salt and spices
- until smooth. Beat in pumpkin. Gradually beat in milk. Pour into
- pastry shell. Bake at 375° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife
- inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- Garnish with leaf cutouts. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 249 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 32 mg cholesterol, 295 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch, 1 fat.