Classic Potato Salad for 50 Recipe
Creamy chunks of potato and crunchy bits of veggies, this traditional potato salad will gain rave reviews from your gang. It's perfect for your last family gathering of the summer. Dixie Terry, Goreville, Illinois
- 15 pounds potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 4 cups mayonnaise
- 1 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1/4 cup prepared mustard
- 1 jar (4 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 6 celery ribs, chopped
- 8 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- Paprika and green pepper rings, optional
- 1. Place potatoes in two stockpots and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool to room temperature.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, relish, mustard, pimientos, salt, sugar and pepper. Divide the potatoes, celery, eggs and onion between two very large bowls; add mayonnaise mixture. Stir to combine.
- 3. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Garnish with paprika and green pepper rings if desired. Yield: 50 servings (3/4 cup each).
3/4 cup equals 269 calories, 15 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 454 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC