Classic Potato Salad for 50 Recipe
- 15 pounds potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 4 cups mayonnaise
- 1 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1/4 cup prepared mustard
- 1 jar (4 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 6 celery ribs, chopped
- 8 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- Paprika and green pepper rings, optional
- 1. Place potatoes in two stockpots and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool to room temperature.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, relish, mustard, pimientos, salt, sugar and pepper. Divide the potatoes, celery, eggs and onion between two very large bowls; add mayonnaise mixture. Stir to combine.
- 3. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Garnish with paprika and green pepper rings if desired. Yield: 50 servings (3/4 cup each).
3/4 cup: 269 calories, 15g fat (2g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 454mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Classic Potato Salad for 50
"I hate to shoot this one down, but it's just a personal thing, I DON'T LIKE SWEET PICKLES!!!! With Dill Pickles this would rock! Oh! And for those onion hates out there, mom try shredding the onion gradually with a small cheese grater, the onion is un-identifiable and they'll never be able to point out or pick out the onions! I have friend that love my potatoe salad and they hate either yellow prepared mustard, or onions and I use both!!!"