Creamy chunks of potato and crunchy bits of veggies, this traditional potato salad will gain rave reviews from your gang. It's perfect for your last family gathering of the summer. Dixie Terry, Goreville, Illinois
- 15 pounds potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 4 cups mayonnaise
- 1 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1/4 cup prepared mustard
- 1 jar (4 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 6 celery ribs, chopped
- 8 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- Paprika and green pepper rings, optional
- Place potatoes in two stockpots and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, relish, mustard, pimientos, salt, sugar and pepper. Divide the potatoes, celery, eggs and onion between two very large bowls; add mayonnaise mixture. Stir to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Garnish with paprika and green pepper rings if desired. Yield: 50 servings (3/4 cup each).
Originally published as Classic Potato Salad for 50 in Taste of Home August/September 2008, p49
Reviews for Classic Potato Salad for 50
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review