Classic Pot Roast Recipe
- 1 beef sirloin tip roast or 1 bottom round roast (about 2 pounds)
- 2 medium potatoes, cut into chunks
- 2 medium carrots, cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup water
- 1. Place meat in an ovenproof skillet or Dutch oven. Add the potatoes, carrots and onion. Sprinkle with pepper. Top with tomatoes. Spread soup over meat. Pour water around vegetables. Cover and bake at 325° for 1-1/2 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender. Thicken cooking liquid if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 237 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 62 mg cholesterol, 496 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 24 g protein.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.