This Italian sausage pizza tastes just as good as its bigger counterparts. The one-serving recipe comes from our Test Kitchen.
1 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1/4 pound Johnsonville® Mild Ground Italian Sausage
- 2 frozen bread dough rolls, thawed
- 1/4 cup pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Crumble sausage into a large skillet. Cook over medium heat until no
- longer pink; drain. On a lightly floured surface, knead the two
- rolls together. Roll dough into a 7-1/2-in. circle.
- Transfer to a greased pizza pan or baking sheet. Spread pizza sauce
- over dough; sprinkle with 1/4 cup cheese, sausage, mushrooms, onion
- and remaining cheese. Top with Italian seasoning.
- Bake at 375° for 20-22 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- Yield: 1 serving.
This recipe pairs well with a medium red wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Santa Margherita Chianti Classico Reserva Italy 2009
. Initial tastes of fruits and spice move to herbal notes for a long smooth finish. Buy now and get 3 bottles for $49.99. Order Now