This versatile pesto boasts a perfect basil flavor. Pair it with pasta and you've got a classic Italian dinner. —Iola Egle, Bella Vista, Arkansas
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 4 cups loosely packed basil leaves
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, halved
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Place the basil, cheese, garlic and salt in a food processor; cover
- and pulse until chopped. Add nuts; cover and process until blended.
- While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Store in an
- airtight container in the freezer up to 1 year. Yield: 1 cup.
Nutritional Facts: 2 tablespoons equals 196 calories, 19 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 152 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.